Straight Up Gaming

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Consoles should not crash

The relationship I have with my Xbox 360, is that of a battered wife. I buy games for him, make sure he's connected at all times, and even gave him a big hard drive to put all his stuff in. Still, every now and then he gets all pissed off at me for NO reason and refuses to work, he'll just sit there frozen refusing to help me. I'm just waiting for the day he finally decides to throw acid in my face and be done with it.

Last night I tried to play my 360, but I could not because the infernal machine refuses to perform normal operating procedures due to glitches, bugs, and gremlins in the system. Granted not all of these quirks are the hardware’s fault. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (who comes up with these names?) has the nasty habit of refusing to go back to the dashboard unless you fully exit from the multiplayer menu's back to the main title screen, otherwise you are greeted with a friendly black screen that refuses to disappear. PGR3 had a nasty bug that froze the game if you tried to view any of your opponents gamer card. Lovely.

Thing's have become so complex that it has allowed room for lots of quirky problems that can frustrate gamers. The best part is, despite all of the additions they've made to the hardware to make it more functional, they removed arguably the most used feature of all past iterations, the reset button.

3 Comments:

  • It's still basically a Computer & Made by Microsoft... hehehe

    By Blogger Keith, at 7:30 PM  

  • Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

  • I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home